Want to learn more about keeping reptiles and amphibians as pets?
This course covers everything you need to know to keep native snakes, lizards and frogs as pets. You also get to meet and handle many tame and friendly pythons, skinks, bearded dragons and tree frogs.
All welcome. Suits any age. Just bring enthusiasm and a camera. This course covers:
- WA Licensing Laws.
- Selecting a pet. What can I keep?
- Feeding. What how and when.
- Housing - vivariums, heating and lighting options.
- Common ailments.
- Trainer with over 30 years husbandry experience.
- Take home manual provided.
- 4 Hour course Malaga 6090 - Lunch provided.
- Certificate issued.
No Department of Parks and Wildlife (DPaW) licence is directly related to this course but attendance will give you valuable experience, knowledge and will certainly assist in your Pet Herpetofauna Licence application to DPaW.
- $175 inc gst per person
- $125 inc gst student rate
- $300 inc gst for 2
- Lunch is included
See our Events Diary for course dates.
Please see our Terms and Conditions for all training courses.
- ANIMAL ARK is a Department of Parks and Wildlife (DPaW) approved and licenced training course provider.
- Regular Perth-based training.
- We can travel to your WA location.
- Student discounts available.
- Trainer David Manning is an experienced, well-respected herpetologist, author and general professional naturalist. As an educator he is engaging and effective with people of all ages and abilities. WWC Card and Cert IV TAE.
Comments on anonymous feedback forms:
"Very knowledgeable and friendly trainer"
"David is always very prepared and professional. He is patient and supportive."
"Informative and easy to understand."
"Just love holding those creatures"