To assist those working in the field with fauna relocation, this wildlife safety training was originally developed with Roy Hill in line with DBCA Parks & Wildlife Service requirements for fauna handlers.
This course provides theory and practical exercises in the capture, restraint, handling and transportation of invertebrates, frogs, lizards, snakes, birds and small mammals.
- Fauna identification, capture and handling.
- Traps, tools and equipment for safe practice.
- Identification of tracks, scats, burrows and nests of conservation significant species.
- Familiarity with the ecology of the species that may be encountered for appropriate translocation when necessary.
- Fauna vouchering (of deceased animals).
- Assessing injured fauna for suitability for release, rehabilitation or euthanasia.
- Performing euthanasia.
- Hands on experience with live native fauna in controlled environment under supervision of experienced, licensed trainers.
- Suits environmental staff, trench-clearing projects, wildlife relocations.
- Up to 10 attendees per course date.
- Take home manual provided.
- One day course.
No DBCA Parks & Wildlife Service licence is directly related to this wildlife safety course. For Regulation 17 Reptile Removalist's Licence participants must complete a separate Venomous Snake Catch and Relocation course.
$415 + gst per person ($456.50 inc gst), lunch included. Student discount available.
Perth scheduled courses run from North Beach 6020. For group bookings (minimum 4) we can schedule new dates to suit.
For on-site and remote site training please contact us for a quote.
See our Events Diary for course dates.
Please see our Terms and Conditions for all training courses.
This course is also part of a 2 day Fauna Handler Training Course.
- ANIMAL ARK is a DBCA Parks & Wildlife Service approved and licenced training course provider.
- Regular Perth-based training.
- Can travel to you.
- Student discounts available.
- Trainer David Manning is an experienced, well-respected herpetologist, author and general professional naturalist. As an educator (Cert IV TAE) he is engaging and effective with people of all ages and abilities.
Murphy Pipe and Civil
Animal Pest Management
City of Mandurah
What staff have said on anonymous feedback forms:
"Good ratio of practical and theory"
"Excellent presentation and very informative"
"Fun and got to meet lots of different creatures"
"Very good course"