Snake Course Outline
Learn best practice techniques for managing venomous snakes and other potentially hazardous wildlife with our wildlife safety courses. Train with the latest equipment for optimum safety and welfare of trainee and snakes!
Animal Ark Pty Ltd is a DBCA Parks and Wildlife Service licensed provider of this specialist venomous snake handling course.
Professional and knowledgeable trainer - herpetologist David Manning has worked with many different snake species from across the world for 30 years.
Education and personal empowerment - it is education and training - but we have some fun too. Successful completion of the course is certified. Each State and Territory has different regulations regarding reptile management. Animal Ark are licensed providers of wildlife training in Western Australia and are recognised in Queensland, South Australia and Northern Territory.
This practical course, linked to occupational health and safety, OH&S responsibilities, comprises:
- Tailored introduction for your particular region.
- Hazardous wildlife overview.
- Fear factor - a natural human response.
- Reptile behaviour and understanding snakes.
- Site awareness and invasion prevention.
- Legal / moral responsibilities.
- Utilizing protective clothing and equipment.
- Appropriate first aid for bites and stings.
- Snake catch and release in practice with live venomous snakes in strictly supervised setting.
- No prior experience required - suits any age/educational background.
- 1 day course.
- Certificate and take home manual provided.
- FREE Australian Bites & Stings First Aid Kit for every attendee.
- Recommended equipment available for purchase. (visit our shop)
Each State and Territory has different regulations regarding reptile management. Animal Ark are licensed providers of wildlife training in Western Australia and are recognised in Queensland, South Australia and Northern Territory. For up to date licensing requirements please contact your local wildlife department.
$390 + gst per person ($429 inc gst), lunch included at our location. Student discount available.
Perth scheduled courses run from North Beach 6020. For group bookings (minimum 4) we can schedule new dates to suit.
For on-site and remote site training please contact us for a quote.
See our Events Diary for course dates.
Please see our Terms and Conditions for all training courses.
This course can be part of the 2 day Fauna Handler Training Course.
- ANIMAL ARK is a DBCA Parks and Wildlife Service licenced training course provider.
- Regular Perth-based training.
- Can travel to you. FIFO / DIDO to remote sites
- Student discounts available.
- Trainer David Manning is an experienced, well-respected herpetologist, author and general professional naturalist. As an educator (Cert IV TAE) he is engaging and effective with people of all ages and abilities.