Teach your children and staff valuable LIFE SKILLS. Encounters with venomous creatures in Australia are a fact of life, can be of great concern to many and surprisingly very few people have any real education in how to manage such encounters.
This life skills program is myth busting, reassuring and confidence building in understanding how to live amongst our infamous venomous wildlife.
- Learning about some of our venomous creatures and how to avoid envenomation.
- Understand Snake behaviour. Some facts and fiction.
- Learn and practice simple proven snakebite first aid to save life of self, family and friends.
- See real live venomous snakes (locked vivariums)
- Meet and handle a couple of friendly non venomous pythons.
- Venom - Teacher support material provided.
Education and personal empowerment - it is education and training - but we have some fun too.
Perfect for older students, school camps, staff team building and those new to Australia.
Professional and knowledgeable "presenter", herpetologist David Manning, is a DBCA Parks & Wildlife Service licensed and endorsed trainer of Snake Handling training courses for adults, part of occupational health and safety training.
Minimum booking fee: $750 + gst (equivalent to 3 sessions)
Perth metro area costs: $250 + gst per session
Maximum pupils per session: 30
Maximum sessions per day: 6
Session duration: 50 mins to 1 hour
(for outer Perth and country areas a mileage fee will apply.)
You may also be interested in our Wildlife School Incursions.
Please see the Events Diary or contact the office.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe?
We are DBCA Parks & Wildlife Service licensed and endorsed venomous snake catch and relocation trainers. We teach 'grown ups' how to catch snakes, but this workshop is NOT about catching snakes. It's about awareness of dangerous wildlife and what to do in a serious situation. For example, say your child or their friend is bitten by a snake when down at the skate park or when camping.
Do you offer accompanying support material?
Yes, a venom awareness pack is provided with all bookings.
Do the teachers get involved?
We hope so.
Can parents participate?
Yes, it's possible for a few parents to join in.
- Effective, educational and fun school incursions.
- Engaging, enthusiastic, professional presenters.
- ANIMAL ARK have been captivating, exciting and educating thousands of school children for over 25 years.
- Suitable for F to Yr 12
- Licensed by DBCA Parks & Wildlife Service